Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Step Three-Bring in the New


This kitchen project has been taking so much of my time I have been forgetting to post! Okay last time I posted we were mudding the walls. Here is what we have done in the last week and a half.

1. Painted
2. New flooring
3. Cabinets

Here are some pictures to show you what the new product looks like.

This paint color I liked on paper but not the walls so I went
 with a lighter gray


My sister came to help paint along with my brother-in-law!
Thanks guys for all your help!!!!


After painting we ripped up the old flooring (BIG JOB!!)


My hubby working at a stubborn piece of flooring


After we ripped up the old flooring we had to patch the
cracks and holes


You can see the new board by hubby put in where the old
 cabinets had been


Once the crack fill was dry we put in the new flooring!


Don't you just love it!!!! I sure do!

Notice we painted the window trim white....another big job!




After the floor glue dried we brought in the cabinets!


And the next day our carpenter came to help put them into place



The other side of the kitchen now has cabinets!


Since our carpenter is working on his doctorate he doesn't have much free time. So he comes when he can to get things done...his next visit we will be able to get our counter tops and sink into place. Sometimes you have to make scarifies to get the best and without him we wouldn't be where we are right now. So we will wait patiently for him. In the mean time I have been able to clean a few things up around the house. Man, does it feel good to clean up the dust. I feel like there are parts of the house with dust that is 2 inches deep!! 

Well, I'm hoping to have a few more updates for you by the end of next weekend but I can't make any promises. I don't know how much time my dad will have with finals coming up. But if we do have updates I will try to get them posted as soon as possible.

Until next time! 


1 comment:

  1. I love the color you chose! Looking good Hannah! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete