Friday, April 1, 2011

Step Two- Mud and Prime

We are on week three of our kitchen project....and so far we have covered all the holes and "feathered out" the uneven spots.



Mudding all the holes

I have taped off the windows in prep of their makeover!



Has anyone ever told you how dusty it gets from the sanding?!?!? I am still washing out dust from my hair. Yesterday I primed the kitchen and tomorrow I have to go back and cover all the corners. Along with the walls I am going to be painting the trim around the windows. I am glad we are at this point though. The mudding was taking forever!!!



Poor little fridge all alone in the kitchen




That fan has been working overtime on this project!


Now the hard part......finding the right color to go in the kitchen. I am wanting to keep the floral drapes I had before but when I look for ideas I am not seeing that many kitchens with the long drapes. So maybe drapes are a bad idea? But the drapes are not the biggest problem.....the biggest problem is the paint color! I have been looking for ideas on colors at Favorite Paint Colors. Kristin has great pictures that is organized by room or color! I just love her new blog. Anyway, I am at the drawing board trying to decide on the color. I have to think fast because I want to start painting tomorrow or Sunday.




I am leaning towards the lighter brownish grays


Until next time!

Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment